22 November 2009

Crooked Spectacles!





Do you empathize?



I know I do. It happens to the best of us.


Also, isn’t crooked spectacles a great double entendre? Check out this hilarious and very crooked spectacle!


Just out of curiosity, I decided to quiz my word processor as to the definition of ‘double entendre.’ Here’s what it thinks:


dou·ble en·ten·dre n 
1.            a remark that is ambiguous and sexually suggestive    
2.            ambiguity in which one meaning is sexually suggestive


Really, Microsoft Word? Get your mind out of the gutter. ALERT: this program might be crooked. :-)


*******************************************************





Sidenote:
Check out this camera that my mom picked up this weekend at a Salvation Army in Montreal! It's the Argus model M, made of bakelite. In 1939, it sold for $7.50. Check out this original ad in LIFE magazine (also note the curious article on the opposing page...) Vraiment fabuleux...bonne chasse, maman!


2 comments:

Frances said...

First of all, I have always noticed and loved your crooked spectacles...I just never told you about it because I thought you'd think I was weird. But now you've blogged about it so I can mention it! It's seriously one of my favorite "Haley things."

I CAN'T believe that camera your mom picked up...bakelite?! That's really incredible. Can you get film for it???

Also I just love this blog. Your posts are intelligent and thoughtful...thanks for giving me such great reading material! <3

C A said...

CIAO, LOVE YOUR BLOG, SPECIALLY THE PENULTIMATE POST.. I'M FOLLOWING YOU, FOLLOW ME TOO! LINK MY BLOG IF YOU ENJOY IT ;)

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

 
Web Analytics