22 December 2009

"As a child, I seem to have been attracted to forbidden places."






The Fall 2009 issue of Aperture Magazine featured an incredible series called Urban Archaeology by photographer Andrew Moore, documenting the "surreal decay" of the city of Detroit.


In a 2007 interview, Moore said:


I have to admit that one of the aspects of being a photographer I enjoy most is the opportunity to play both detective and spy. As a child, I seem to have been attracted to forbidden places. It actually got me into quite a bit of trouble later when I was a teenager...

Moore's series of images each function as sensitive portraits of places, prompting the viewer to consider a range of elements that, when shown together, contribute to an expressed sense of identity. Head over to his website to see his work!




Here is a sneak preview of some shots from his "Russia" series:










4 comments:

ChrisConte said...

I like Andrew Moore's photos. I was looking at them with my friend Lukic, who is from Bosnia, he was really interested in his Bosnia photographs, but then get got angry because the photographer only focused on the bad crummy parts, he says their are beautiful cities and places, then he also said that he might be wrong, his family left at the begining of the war.

preppygoesrock said...

i like the first picture since its moody and all and it makes me wanna go in there and find out more while the last just simplyreminds me of my messy and clattered shoe cabinet!

please check my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

Fine Little Day said...

Great link. Didin´t know about Adrew Moore, thank you!

comfies said...

wonderful stuff here! both your photos and his!

 
Web Analytics